2019 Diabetes Update
March 29 @ 12:30 pm - March 30 @ 4:00 pm CDT
The Diabetes Update is a unique, interactive, interprofessional activity for the entire healthcare team that works with patients with Diabetes. This will be the 24th year that UAMS has offered this annual activity.
This live program will provide important education and practice-changing updates through large- and small-group interaction in order to share best-practice strategies that allow these practitioners to improve patient care and improve communication with patients leading to improved patient adherence. In addition, the attendees will have an opportunity to exchange information with expert faculty members, participate in breakout, simulation-based sessions, to critically review available resources, and share real-life case scenarios.
- Analyze how diabetes burnout affects their patient’s compliance with medications and daily diabetes management.
- Develop strategies to use with patients with diabetes to prevent and/or treat burnout.
- Discuss how culinary medicine is incorporated into a patient’s prevention or diabetes treatment plan.
- Discuss the role of opioids for pain management.
- Review pain medications and treatment plans for patients with diabetic neuropathy.
Early Registration (before March 1, 2019)
- All Healthcare Professionals – $100.00
- Students/Residents/Fellows – $50.00
Regular Registration (after March 1, 2019)
- All Healthcare Professionals – $125.00
- Students/Residents/Fellows – $75.00
Contact UAMS Office of Continuing Education for more details or Click Here to register for the event..