- This event has passed.
Physicians of the Future Region 3 Summit
February 7 - February 8
The AMA Physicians of the Future Summit for Region 3 will be held at UAMS in Little Rock on February 7-8, 2020. This event is a great opportunity for students to get more involved in the region and hear from AMAzing speakers! The weekend will also include a hiking trip, socials, and a poster competition.
I. Dodd Wilson Education Building, Auditorium 126
Little Rock, Arkansas
- Social Media in Medicine (Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram) with TED Talks speaker Dr. Jerad Gardner, Associate Professor of Pathology and Dermatology, UAMS; Dermatopathology Fellowship Program Director, UAMS
- Imposter Syndrome Workshop with Dr. Sara Tariq, Associate Professor of Internal Medicine, UAMS
- Bone Marrow Registry Drive
- Poster Competition (Submit your abstract by January 20th at midnight)
- Effective Advocacy at the State Legislature with Arkansas Medical Society
- Board of Trustees Update
- Resolutions, Resolutions, Resolutions! Learn how to how to write a resolution and get updates on recent MSS success at the AMA House of Delegates.
- Capital Hill Update with Hari Iyer (Government Relations Advocacy Fellow)
- Bylaws Amendment
- Hiking Trip on Sunday (optional)
Online registration ends January 29, 2020.
To learn more, visit ARKMED.org/students