Vacancies on the Arkansas State Medical Board
Three vacancies will occur December 31, 2012, on the Arkansas State Medical Board. The Arkansas State Medical Board is empowered to license and regulate the practice of medicine, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, physician assistants, and radiology assistants. The board receives and reviews complaints against each type of medical profession it licenses. Board meetings are held in Little Rock on the first Thursday and Friday of every other month.
Nominees for these positions must practice or reside within the Congressional District for which they are applying and remain in active (defined as full-time) practice of medicine for the duration of their term. Terms are for six years and members may serve a maximum of two terms.
- First Congressional District: Trent Pierce, MD, West Memphis (not eligible for reappointment)
- First Congressional District: Bob Cogburn, MD, Mountain Home (eligible for reappointment)
- Third Congressional District: John Weiss, MD, Fayetteville (eligible for reappointment)
Vacancies on the Arkansas State Board of Health
Five vacancies will occur December 31, 2012, on the Arkansas State Board of Health. The Arkansas State Board of Health is empowered to make all necessary and reasonable rules and regulations of a general nature for the protection of the public health and safety; for the general amelioration of the sanitary and hygienic conditions within the state; for the suppression and prevention of infectious, contagious, and communicable diseases; for the proper enforcement of quarantine, isolation, and control of such diseases; and for the proper control of chemical exposures that may result in adverse health effects to the public.
Terms are for four years and members may serve two consecutive terms. Meetings are held quarterly – January, April, July, and October.
- First Congressional District: G. Edward Bryant, MD, West Memphis (eligible to reappointment)
- Second Congressional District: S. Clark Fincher, MD, Searcy (eligible for reappointment)
- Third Congressional District: Anthony Hui, MD, Fayetteville (eligible for reappointment)
- Fourth Congressional District: Lawrence Braden, MD, Camden, (eligible for reappointment)
- Member-at-Large: Marvin Leibovich, MD, Little Rock (eligible for reappointment)
Recommendations for these positions will be made to the Arkansas Medical Society Board of Trustees in November. Three names for each position will be submitted to the Governor for his selection.
Physicians interested in being considered are required to complete an application. Please fill out application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (501) 224-8967.
2012 Arkansas State Medical Board Application 2012 Arkansas State Board of Health Application
Deadline for applications is October 1.