AMS District Trustee nominations are now being accepted through February 1, 2014. District Trustees will be elected by AMS members in the respective districts, with voting taking place from February 17-28, 2014. Eligibility criteria: must live and/or practice in the district you wish to represent; be an Active, Direct or Life member (most physicians fall into these categories); AMS dues must be paid for the current election year; candidates cannot run simultaneously for two districts (live in one, practice in another).
District Trustees are elected to serve two-year terms with a limit of four consecutive terms. Terms of office for the next election will be May, 2014 – April/May 2016. Winning candidates will be notified and should be prepared to attend the House of Delegates meeting on May 3, 2014, at the Winthrop Rockefeller Institute on Petit Jean Mountain. Board of Trustees meetings are held quarterly. Contact the AMS office at 501-224-8967 or Kay Waldo to submit nominations. Unless otherwise noted, there is one position available in each district; if a current trustee is listed, they are eligible for re-election.
- District 1: Clay, Craighead, Crittenden, Greene, Lawrence, Mississippi, Poinsett, Randolph
- District 2: Cleburne, Conway, Faulkner, Fulton, Independence, Izard, Jackson, Sharp, Stone, White. Current trustees: Bradley Bibb, MD, Ash Flat – Family Practice
- District 3: Arkansas, Cross, Lee, Lonoke, Monroe, Phillips, Prairie, St. Francis, Woodruff. Current trustees: George Conner, MD, Forrest City – Family Practice
- District 4: Ashley, Chicot, Desha, Drew, Jefferson, Lincoln. Current trustees: Jeffrey Reinhart, MD, Monticello – Family Practice
- District 5: Bradley, Calhoun, Cleveland, Columbia, Dallas, Ouachita, Union
- District 6: Hempstead, Howard, Lafayette, Little River, Miller, Nevada, Pike, Polk, Sevier
- District 7: Clark, Garland, Grant, Hot Spring, Montgomery, Saline. Current trustee: Richard Pellegrino, MD, Hot Springs – Neurology
- District 8: Pulaski. (5 positions available) Current trustees: Tracy Baltz, MD, Little Rock – Ophthalmology; Lydia Lane, MD, Little Rock – Ophthalmology; Kristen Lienhart, MD, Little Rock – Anesthesiology; Emilio Tirado, MD, Little Rock – General Surgeon; Renee Montgomery, MD, Sherwood – Ob/Gyn
- District 9: Baxter, Benton, Boone, Carroll, Madison, Marion, Newton, Searcy, Van Buren, Washington. (2 positions available) Current trustees: Curtis Hedberg, MD, Rogers – Allergy & Immunology; Robert Gullett, MD, Fayetteville – Orthopaedic Surgeon
- District 10: Crawford, Franklin, Johnson, Logan, Perry, Pope, Scott, Sebastian, Yell. Current trustees: Jacky Dunn, DO, Russellville – General Practice