To nominate, see the form below.
Qualified candidates are being sought for district trustee positions on the AMS Board of Trustees. The Board consists of the major officers (i.e. president, secretary, treasurer, etc.) and at least two trustees representing 10 geographic areas of the state. Candidates are elected by ballot mailed to all voting AMS members in the respective district. The deadline for submitting your name or nominating a colleague is February 1, 2019. Elections will take place from February 15-28.
- must live and/or practice in the district you wish to represent;
- be an Active, Direct or Life member (most physicians fall into these categories);
- AMS dues must be paid for the current election year;
- and candidates cannot run simultaneously for two districts (live in one, practice in another).
Terms are for two years with a limit of four consecutive terms beginning April 2019. Winning candidates will be notified after March 1st and should be prepared to attend the AMS Annual Membership meeting on April 26th at the Doubletree Hotel in Little Rock.
Unless otherwise noted there is one open position in each district.
- District 1: Clay, Craighead, Crittenden, Greene, Lawrence, Mississippi, Poinsett, Randolph
- District 2: Cleburne, Conway, Faulkner, Fulton, Independence, Izard, Jackson, Sharp, Stone, White
- District 3: Arkansas, Cross, Lee, Lonoke, Monroe, Phillips, Prairie, St. Francis, Woodruff
- District 4: Ashley, Chicot, Desha, Drew, Jefferson, Lincoln
- District 5: Bradley, Calhoun, Cleveland, Columbia, Dallas, Ouachita, Union
- District 6: Hempstead, Howard, Lafayette, Little River, Miller, Nevada, Pike, Polk, Sevier
- District 7: Clark, Garland, Grant, Hot Spring, Montgomery, Saline
- District 8: (9 positions) Pulaski
- District 9: (3 positions) Baxter, Benton, Boone, Carroll, Madison, Marion, Newton, Searcy, Van Buren, Washington
- District 10: (2 positions) Crawford, Franklin, Johnson, Logan, Perry, Pope, Scott, Sebastian, Yell