AMS is seeking nominations for the following awards: Asklepion Award, Shuffield Award, and Student Leadership Award. Asklepion and Shuffield award recipients will be honored at the 2019 Annual Membership Meeting on Friday, April 26, 2019 at the DoubleTree Hotel in Little Rock. The Student Leadership award will be presented at the White Coat ceremony this summer. Nomination forms are available here or contact the AMS office.
2019 Asklepion Award
The Asklepion Award will be given to an Arkansas Medical Society physician member. Nominees
- Promote the art and science of medicine and the
betterment of the public health.
- Embody the values of the medical profession
through leadership, service, excellence, integrity,
and ethical behavior.
- Enrich patients, colleagues, and the community
through dedicated medical practice.
2019 Shuffield Award
The Shuffield Award is given each year to recognize lay persons in Arkansas who have done outstanding community work in the health care field. The individual might be a newspaper reporter, television personality, government official, teacher, or individual promoting a community or other health related program. The person cannot be a physician or member of a physician’s immediate family. The recognition should be for community work outside that person’s regular employment (not for work done as part of their job).
2019 Student Leadership Award
The Student Leadership Award is given to a medical student member of the Arkansas Medical Society.
Nominees should also:
- Be a first, second, or third year medical student in good standing.
- Embody the values of the medical profession through leadership, service, excellence, integrity, and ethical behavior.
- Encourage other students to be community servants and/or political activists in addition to being dedicated students.
Nominations may come from Arkansas Medical Society – Medical Student Section members, Arkansas Medical Society members, or Faculty/Staff members of UAMS.