The Senate and House Public Health, Welfare, and Labor Committees will start hearing scope of practice bills beginning on Tuesday, February 19. This is the time for all physicians to come together to stand up for medicine. We invite all physicians to come to the Capitol on any of the days listed below to show our lawmakers that we stand united.
- The House Public Health Committee will meet next Tuesday, February 19 and Thursday, February 21.
- The Senate Public Health Committee will meet next Wednesday, February 20.
Both committees normally start at 10 a.m. However, if you plan on attending (which we encourage), you may want to come earlier to be allowed into the committee rooms. When large crowds attend and maximum capacity is reached, safety concerns limit admission.
At this time, four bills are scheduled (others can come up if the sponsor desires and there is time) to be heard next week.
- The optometrist surgery bill (HB 1251) is scheduled for Tuesday.
- CRNA and APRN bills (SB 184, SB 189) are scheduled for Wednesday.
- The telemedicine extension bill (HB 1220) is scheduled for Thursday
We also encourage everyone to call and email your legislator and let them know how you feel about these bills. You can leave them a message here. Additionally, you can leave messages for your legislators by calling the switchboards for the House of Representatives at (501) 682-6211 and the Senate at (501) 682-2902.