At the 143rd Annual Membership Meeting of the Arkansas Medical Society on Friday, April 26, AMS newly elected board members were sworn into their positions during the President’s Inaugural Gala. Those members are:
- President-Elect Chad Rodgers, MD (Little Rock);
- Vice President Seth Barnes, MD (Hot Springs);
- District Trustees Stacy Zimmerman, MD (Searcy);
- Willard Burks, MD (Wynne);
- Darrell Over, MD (Pine Bluff);
- Donya Watson, MD (El Dorado);
- Randy Walker, MD (DeQueen);
- Nannette Vowell, MD (Malvern);
- Appathurai Balamurugan, MD (Little Rock);
- Dirk Haselow, MD (Little Rock);
- James Hunt, MD (Little Rock);
- Naveen Patil, MD (Little Rock; Alan Schumacher, MD (Bentonville);
- Kathleen Connery, Student Trustee (UAMS – Little Rock).
The Board consists of the major officers (i.e. president, secretary, treasurer, etc.) and at least two trustees representing 10 geographic areas of the state. Trustees are elected for two-year terms and may not serve for more than four consecutive terms. In addition to the specific duties of each office, these physicians will work to continue the medical society’s mission of improving Arkansas health care through legislation, education and the day-to-day support of patients and medical practices.