AMS has learned this week that the requirement deadline for electronic prescribing of controlled substances has been pushed back to January 1, 2022. There was concern that physicians would not be able to meet the compliance deadline by January 1, 2021, which would cause hardship on patients and physicians already experiencing difficulties because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Physicians that already have electronic medical records should already have the capability to send prescriptions, including narcotics, electronically. Below are vendor suggestions for those offices who do not have EHR, however, please note that AMS is not endorsing any of these options, just providing some avenues to research:
- ScriptSure: https://www.capterra.com/p/52615/ScriptSure/
- Rcopia by Dr. First: https://www.capterra.com/p/119759/Rcopia/
- MDToolbox-RX: https://www.capterra.com/p/130289/MDToolbox-e-Prescribing/
- Treat by Bravado Health: https://www.capterra.com/p/179562/Ayva-Treat/
- OrderConnect e-Prescribing: https://www.capterra.com/p/163578/OrderConnect-e-Prescribing/
We will continue to provide information as updates or changes become available.