The Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care performs utilization management services for Arkansas Medicaid, and through this contract, AFMC may approve or deny a prior authorization, or retrospective review, based upon medical necessity standards. This contract requires that AFMC work with subspecialties for specific review types. Physician reviewers can perform their services remotely via AFMC’s secure systems.
AFMC is in need of additional specialty physicians to assist with a subset of its reviews. The areas of specialties needed include:
Qualifications of External Physician Specialists:
- Hold an active, unrestricted license in the state of Arkansas as a Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
- Board certified
- Currently live in Arkansas
- Have a minimum of 5 years full-time equivalent direct patient care experience and direct patient care experience within the previous 3 years.
- Maintain current liability and malpractice insurance coverage for non-utilization review clinical activities
- Reliable, high-speed internet service
How to apply (Choose from 2 options.):
- Go to the website afmc.org/review/physician-reviewers/and complete the contact form at the bottom of the page.
- Call or email Debbie Whitson directly at 479-573-7764 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The rate of pay varies based on the review type. Feel free to reach out to Debbie Whitson if you have any questions.