The Arkansas Medical Society is now accepting nominations/applications for District Trustees. The deadline is February 1, 2023. District Trustees are elected by AMS members in each of the 10 districts. Voting will take place from February 15 – March 1, 2023.
The Board of Trustees consists of the primary officers of the AMS and district trustees representing 10 geographic areas of the state. There are currently 36 district trustees, which can fluctuate based on the number of AMS members in each district. The Board of Trustees sets policy and is responsible for the business and financial affairs of the AMS. The Board meets quarterly with meetings generally lasting about 2 hours.
Eligibility Requirements are:
- Must live and/or practice in the district.
- Be an Active, Direct, or Life member.
- AMS dues must be paid for the current election year (2023).
- Candidates cannot run simultaneously for two districts (live in one, practice in another).
- Past Presidents are not eligible.
- Terms are for two years, beginning May 2023, with a limit of four consecutive terms. Those elected will be notified after March 1st.
Any member interested in serving on the AMS Board of Trustees, or wishing to nominate someone, visit https://www.arkmed.org/about/physician-leaders/nominate/