On Demand Enduring Material
AMS Legal Symposium | Register | At the first annual AMS Legal Symposium, physicians and office managers heard from subject matter experts on important legal issues that could negatively impact their careers and practices. If you missed the opportunity to attend this seminar back in November, you now have the chance to view the sessions on demand. Speakers and topics for the symposium are:
- Prescription Drug Regulations in Arkansas – Kevin O’Dwyer, JD
- Hospital Physician Employment Agreement – Mike Mitchell, JD
- Stark Law & Antikickback Statute – Robert Wright, JD
- Physicians and the Arkansas Peer Review Law – David Ivers, JD
- Patient Right to Know Act – Emily Sneddon, JD
Cost for the On Demand seminar is $159 for members, and $259 for non-members, and $25 for residents and students. To purchase the webinar, fill out the form below with payment, and the link will be provided to you. If you have any questions, call 501-224-8967.
- Appropriate Prescribing of Opiates | Register | Three online modules focusing on educating the health care provider in how to safely and appropriately prescribe opioids. Author(s): Johnathan Goree, MD, UAMS. This activity is designed for newly licensed prescribers to obtain two of the three hours required within the first two years of obtaining an AR license on the topic of Appropriate Prescribing. These modules also will be of benefit to other health care providers with an interest in, or who prescribe opioids. Credits: AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™ (2.00 hours), Non-Physician Attendance (2.00 hours).
- AR-IMPACT| Join the Conference | Please join the free conference on Wednesdays from 12 – 1 pm by clicking here or call in 1-844-885-1319, access code: 415081971#. AR-IMPACT was created to improve multi-disciplinary pain care and treatment for Arkansas physicians. The weekly interactive tele-video consultation program offers free CME credit to better manage chronic pain patients and those who need their opioid dosage reduced.The interactive conferences will begin with a brief didactic presentation about an aspect of the care, followed by a case conference format where doctors can present their difficult cases for discussion with their peers and with our panel of subspecialists. To learn more about AR-IMPACT, please visit www.arimpact.uams.edu. AR-IMPACT is presented by UAMS through the generosity of Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield and the Office of the State Drug Director, and in partnership with the Arkansas Medical Society, the Arkansas Academy of Family Medicine, the Arkansas Department of Health, and the Arkansas State Medical Board.
- CDL-Medical Examiner Training | Register | Already Registered? Access Your Course
CMV drivers must have exams performed by a certified medical examiner listed on the FMCSA National Registry. More…
- UCLA MDChat Webinars | View Events
Live-streaming webinars from UCLA physicians give you the opportunity to learn and to also ask questions. Events are added on a regular basis and can also be accessed on demand.
- Preceptorships for Medical Professionals
The South Central AIDS Education & Training Center of Arkansas (SCAETC) will be hosting Preceptorships for any Licensed Medical Professional in the state, who would like to shadow our Medical Director, Dr. Dan Moore for a day to observe clinical care in an HIV clinic and have the opportunity to ask questions or have any concerns answered about proper patient care for People Living with HIV/AIDS. If interested, or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jeanette Swanson, SCAETC Education Coordinator at Jeanette.email@example.com or Tracy Fortner, SCAETC Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.