Live CME Partner Events
- Distinguished Lecture Series in Pain Medicine – October 18, 2018 | Register | This is a quarterly series featuring networking opportunities and lectures by clinical experts in pain medicine. These continuing education lectures are designed for an interprofessional audience in order to improve the care of patients with acute, chronic and cancer pain in Arkansas. Networking reception is from 6-7 p.m.; lecture is from 7-8 p.m. Topic is Opioid Stewardship. Attendance is free, but registration is required.
- UAMS Family Medicine Update – October 25-27, 2018 | Register |
The 22nd Annual Family Medicine Update offers up to 23.25 hours of content Oct. 25 – 27 to physicians, nurses and pharmacists, featuring a half day of ENT topics at the Jackson T. Stephens Spine & Neurosciences Institute at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS).
- 3rd Annual Dementia Update – December 1, 2018 | Register |
Continuing education about dementia screening, pharmacological and non-pharmacological management strategies, and caring for patients with dementia at the I. Dodd Education Building at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS).
- Appropriate Prescribing of Opiates | Register | Three online modules focusing on educating the health care provider in how to safely and appropriately prescribe opioids. Author(s): Johnathan Goree, MD, UAMS. This activity is designed for newly licensed prescribers to obtain two of the three hours required within the first two years of obtaining an AR license on the topic of Appropriate Prescribing. These modules also will be of benefit to other health care providers with an interest in, or who prescribe opioids. Credits: AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™ (2.00 hours), Non-Physician Attendance (2.00 hours).
- CDL-Medical Examiner Training | Register | Already Registered? Access Your Course
CMV drivers must have exams performed by a certified medical examiner listed on the FMCSA National Registry. More…
- UCLA MDChat Webinars | View Events
Live-streaming webinars from UCLA physicians give you the opportunity to learn and to also ask questions. Events are added on a regular basis and can also be accessed on demand.
- Preceptorships for Medical Professionals
The South Central AIDS Education & Training Center of Arkansas (SCAETC) will be hosting Preceptorships for any Licensed Medical Professional in the state, who would like to shadow our Medical Director, Dr. Dan Moore for a day to observe clinical care in an HIV clinic and have the opportunity to ask questions or have any concerns answered about proper patient care for People Living with HIV/AIDS. If interested, or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jeanette Swanson, SCAETC Education Coordinator at Jeanette.email@example.com or Tracy Fortner, SCAETC Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.