I have a question regarding my DHS Renewal Notice, but I cannot get through to 855-372-1084.
- You may call ANY DHS County Office for assistance regarding the renewal notice that you received. (To find the phone number of DHS County Offices, go to www.humanservices.arkansas.gov)
What do I need to provide proof of income to DHS? Provide one of the following:
- Check stubs (for previous month)
- Letter from Employer (verifying income)
- Verification of Earnings Form – DCO97 (completed by employer)
- Benefit Award Letters (such as Social Security or Unemployment Benefits)
If I am self-employed, what do I need to provide proof of income to DHS?
- Tax Return, including Schedule C
- If you have not filed, provide the extension and last year’s return
If I am unemployed, what do I need to provide proof of income to DHS?
- Letter explaining that you have no income (your signature must be included)
How can I submit my proof of income to DHS?
- Mail your documents to the address which appears on your DHS Notice. (Please make sure that your Social Security Number and Date of Birth are on the documents. If not, write this information on your documents).
- Take your documents to a DHS County Office near you, or ANY DHS County Office (To find the phone number of DHS County Offices, go to www.humanservices.arkansas.gov)
I cannot meet the 10 day deadline to provide proof of income. How can I receive more time?
- Call ANY DHS County Office and speak with a DHS representative to request an extension. (This will prevent your case from being closed for failing to respond).
What will happen if I do not provide proof of income?
If you fail to provide the required documents by the deadline or do not receive an extension to provide proof of income, you will lose your health insurance coverage. However, if you can provide proof of income within 90 days from the date of your notice, you could potentially be reinstated, if determined eligible.