The Journal of the Arkansas Medical Society, published and mailed monthly, and AMS News Briefs are offered free of charge to AMS members. Other publications listed may be purchased. Each publication is available in PDF format below unless otherwise noted.
Members, read the Journal online in flip book at arkmed.org/jams.
The AMS newsletter covers a wide variety of topics relative to physicians and their practices. It is available in both online and print versions.
Logged in members may view the most recent newsletter through the download link to the right, or you may purchase an annual subscription by choosing an online or email subscription.
Most news articles are posted and archived by category in the Latest News section.
The Journal of the Arkansas Medical Society
The monthly Journal of the Arkansas Medical Society contains in-depth coverage of current medical issues, scientific reports and case studies.
Guide to HIPAA Policies and Procedures
The guide will be sent electronically in PDF and Microsoft Word format.
- Covers the legal and practical aspects of HIPAA, including steps to take to prepare for a HIPAA audit.
- Takes you step-by-step through the HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Explains the crucial Risk Analysis that practices must conduct.
- Includes templates that will make it easier for your office to create and print professional policies and forms tailored to your practice.
- Includes policies and procedures on mobile device use and security.
- Includes explanations of how to implement the HIPAA Security Rules.