The Medical Student and Resident Section with the Arkansas Medical Society is a vital part of our membership and organization.
Physicians of the Future Region 3 Summit
I. Dodd Wilson Education Building, Auditorium 126
Little Rock, Arkansas
The AMA Physicians of the Future Summit for Region 3 will be held at UAMS in Little Rock on February 7-8, 2020. This event is a great opportunity for students to get more involved in the region and hear from AMAzing speakers! The weekend will also include a hiking trip, socials, and a poster competition.
- Social Media in Medicine (Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram) with TED Talks speaker Dr. Jerad Gardner,
Associate Professor of Pathology and Dermatology, UAMS; Dermatopathology Fellowship Program
- Imposter Syndrome Workshop with Dr. Sara Tariq, Associate Professor of Internal Medicine, UAMS
Bone Marrow Registry Drive
- Poster Competition (Submit your abstract by January 20th at midnight).
- Effective Advocacy at the State Legislature with Arkansas Medical Society
- Board of Trustees Update
- Resolutions, Resolutions, Resolutions! Learn how to how to write a resolution and get updates on
recent MSS success at the AMA House of Delegates.
- Capital Hill Update with Hari Iyer (Government Relations Advocacy Fellow)
- Bylaws Amendment
- Hiking Trip on Sunday (optional)
The poster competition will feature the categories of Basic Science, Clinical Research, and Advocacy. It is a great way to get funding for the conference and boost your resume. Submit your abstract by January 20th at midnight.