- The AMS Political Action Committee, ArkMed-PAC, supports political candidates who best represent the concerns of physicians and their patients. By joining PAC you will help to ensure that practice environments and patient care are enhanced, not burdened, by legislation.
- The “Doctor of the Day” has been sponsored by AMS for over a quarter of a century. During legislative sessions, this volunteer program provides physician coverage for legislators, staffers and visitors at the Capitol. While serving, you may attend legislative committee meetings and have floor privileges in both the House and Senate. This is an excellent way to get directly involved in the legislative process.
- The direction of AMS is governed by the House of Delegates, the Board of Trustees and the Executive Committee. The House of Delegates is open to all dues paying members of the Society as well as those directly elected to represent their county medical society or state specialty society. Contact Kay Waldo if you are interested in serving on the board or visit the AMS Meetings page for information on the next meeting opportunity.
- Involvement in your county medical society will allow you to get involved at the grassroots level, giving back to your community and sharing practice knowledge with your colleagues. For contact information for your county refer to your AMS Directory or contact us.
- AMS also offers leadership opportunities through its task forces and committees on Annual Session, professional awards, physicians’ health, The Journal and more. If you are interested in any of these, or other leadership opportunities, please contact Kay Waldo.
- Publishing a scientific article, case study or commentary in the award-winning Journal of the Arkansas Medical Society is a great way to create awareness and educate physicians on a specific topic or issue. Submission guidelines can be found on here. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AMS participates in the policy-making process of the American Medical Association through the elected delegates to the AMA House of Delegates. Membership in the AMA is recommended and dues can be paid at www.ama-assn.org. View the Physician Leadership section to see the current delegates and how to contact them or contact us if you are interested in serving as a delegate.