As a member of AMS, the physician has access to our practice management team who offers experienced support with payers, guidance with employment contracts, and day-to-day practical solutions for medical practices. This access is also given to office manager and clinic staff, where they can take advantage of educational opportunities at a discounted rate. Areas of support that we frequently assist with include billing, coding, medical records, personnel issues and more.
Contact Tereasa Holmes, Director of Practice and Health Policy, for more information.
DEA Required Training
Beginning on June 27, 2023, DEA-registered physicians are now required to check a box on their online DEA registration form affirming that they have completed the new training requirement. Many states already require physicians and other medical professionals to complete CME hours on safer prescribing of opioids, but this new requirement asks physicians to have additional education on the treatment and management of patients with opioid or other substance use disorders. Read the DEA training notice here.
The deadline to meet this new requirement is the date of a practitioner’s next scheduled DEA registration submission, but you do not have to complete the training in one session. The listed CME activities can be taken in any combination to fulfill the eight-hour requirement that applies to DEA-registered physicians. They cover areas such as:
- Safe opioid prescribing and management.
- Addiction treatment.
- Managing addiction in special populations.
- Preventing and managing opioid overdoses.
The following accredited courses are approved to meet the new requirement, and are available at no cost:
The following courses are available for a fee:
Latest News For Your Practice
- American Medical Association (AMA) Physician Practice Information (PPI) SurveyThe American Medical Association (AMA) Physician Practice Information (PPI) Survey is underway, and the AMA urgently needs all selected physicians to actively engage in this effort. The intent of the survey, which has been endorsed by over 170 medical societies and other health care associations (see full list here), is to collect updated and accurate… Read more: American Medical Association (AMA) Physician Practice Information (PPI) Survey
- 20TH Annual AMS Insurance ConferenceRegistration Now Open for 20th Annual AMS Insurance Conferences This fall, the AMS Insurance Conference will celebrate 20 years of bringing the major players in health care together for one day to discuss the issues important to your practice. This dynamic seminar for physicians, office staff, and administrators will provide valuable tips and inside information… Read more: 20TH Annual AMS Insurance Conference
- Webinar THIS TUESDAY, 6-27: Protecting & Educating Against Workplace ViolenceJoin us on TUESDAY, JUNE 27 at 12 p.m. for a special one-hour, live webinar on protecting and educating against workplace VIOLENCE. Many practices fail to educate staff on protecting themselves from violence until it is too late. If education is provided, the focus tends to be on active shooter situations rather than the more… Read more: Webinar THIS TUESDAY, 6-27: Protecting & Educating Against Workplace Violence
- Delayed: Cigna’s Modifyer 25 Policy Update NOT HappeningUPDATE, May 24, 2023 On Monday, May 22, Cigna announced that they would “delay the implementation to require the submission of documentation to support the use of modifier 25 when billed with E/M CPT® codes 99212 – 99215 and a minor procedure. Cigna will continue to review for future implementation.” Last month, Cigna notified network… Read more: Delayed: Cigna’s Modifyer 25 Policy Update NOT Happening
- Webinar: Cigna Modifier 25 Policy ChangeAs you may know, Cigna recently updated its Modifier 25 – Significant, Separately Identifiable Evaluation and Management Service by the Same Physician on the Same Day of the Procedure or Other Service policy to require submission of office notes with all claims including evaluation and management (E/M) CPT codes 99212, 99213, 99214, 99215, and modifier… Read more: Webinar: Cigna Modifier 25 Policy Change
AMS Group Membership: Renew for your whole clinic in two easy steps.
- Arkansas Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- American Medical Association
- Southern Medical Association
- Arkansas Medicaid