For Your Practice | Email
As a member of AMS, the physician has access to our practice management team who offers experienced support with payers, guidance with employment contracts, and day-to-day practical solutions for medical practices. This access is also given to office manager and clinic staff, where they can take advantage of educational opportunities at a discounted rate. Areas of support that we frequently assist with include billing, coding, medical records, personnel issues and more.
For assistance, please contact the AMS office at 501-224-8967 or email email@example.com.
2019 Medicare Part D Opioid Policies for 2019
CMS has implemented new implemented new Medicare Part D Opioid Policies for 2019. The policies are finalized and are effective on January 1,2019.
Click here to review the webinar slides in PDF.
- Tereasa Holmes, CMPE | Physician Outreach Specialist
- SVMIC Interpreter Services
- BuyGility: Supporting Private Practice Through Group Purchasing
- Prescription Drug Abuse Resources
- AMS Group Membership: Renew for your whole clinic in two easy steps.
- Social Media: Stay up to date through Facebook and Twitter and Instagram.
News Affecting Your Practice
- Registration Open for the AMS Insurance Conference, October 18-21The AMS Annual Virtual Insurance Conference provides valuable tips and inside information directly from the insurance companies your patients use. Each session will feature healthcare’s major players who will be discussing insurance issues important to your practice. You will also have an opportunity to ask questions at each session. The presentations from each session will […]
- On-Demand: Telemedicine: During and Post PandemicSpeaker: Michael Cash, SVMIC Senior Medical Practice Consultant Speaker slides
- Reserve Your Spot Today for Our Upcoming WebinarsA lot of things have changed over the past year, but one thing that hasn’t changed is our commitment to providing quality, up-to-date education to help you successfully manage your career and practice. Check out the scheduled events below and get registered today! AMS Members – enter your email in the My Information and the […]
- Financial Assistance Available for Integrating PDMP Data with EMRsThe Arkansas Department of Health has announced the receipt of a CDC grant to cover the licensing costs for integrating information from the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) into your electronic medical record. Please read the message below from the PDMP staff. The grant funding is available for clinics who are already integrated as well […]
- Practice Management Update: Prior Authorization Letters and MEDPARDThe practice management team at AMS has received the following information from AFMC regarding Prior Authorization letters for Medicaid services, as well as an update on MEDPARD from Novitas Solutions. If you have any questions regarding this information or need practice management assistance, call 501-224-8967. From Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care: Please note the new […]
- E-prescribing Requirement ClarifiedAMS has reviewed the just released language in the CMS final rule that relates to the Medicare mandate for e-prescribing controlled substances. CMS is sticking to their original effective date of 1/1/2021 but they are providing an additional 12 months for prescribers to come into compliance. AMS is seeking to ensure that this 12 month […]
- E-Prescribing Narcotics Deadline ExtendedAMS has learned this week that the requirement deadline for electronic prescribing of controlled substances has been pushed back to January 1, 2022. There was concern that physicians would not be able to meet the compliance deadline by January 1, 2021, which would cause hardship on patients and physicians already experiencing difficulties because of the […]
- AFMC Webinar: Telemedicine in a COVID WorldJoin AFMC for a complementary educational webinar on Friday, September 25th from 12 – 1 p.m. This month, our guest speaker is Michael Cash, Senior Medical Consultant for SVMIC. Michael will provide insights into the administrative, medical, and legal aspects of telemedicine. Learn how to provide patients with convenient and safe access to medical care […]
- Register Today for the Annual Insurance ConferenceWe’re going virtual! The AMS Annual Virtual Insurance Conference provides valuable tips and inside information directly from the insurance companies your patients use. Each session will feature healthcare’s major players who will be discussing insurance issues important to your practice. You will also have an opportunity to ask questions of each session. The presentations from […]
- The End of an Era: Closing Your PracticeFrom PhysiciansPractice.com, author Eric Butterman: A physician’s practice is more than a sign on a door. It’s a link to the community, it’s people, sometimes generations of them, who relied on medical wisdom here to help them feel better or maybe even to survive. It’s memories, it’s even family but, now, you want to […]