- Send HIPAA compliant text messages and photos. Message content can include diagnosis, test results, or medical history. Physicians can also add a high-resolution image of an EKG, an X-ray, lab report, or anything that can be photographed with a smartphone.
- Enhanced Security: HIPAA-compliant, HITRUST certified messaging from the web or from your smartphone
- Assign an urgency setting to outgoing text messages. Physicians can assign each message a 5-minute or 30-minute response time. If the physician does not answer the message within 5 minutes or if the message does not get to the physician, the sender will receive a message back stating that the message did not make it.
- Enable enhanced notifications. The physician can enter a cell phone number to receive text messages or an email address to receive notifications that DocbookMD messages are waiting. The email feature will send a weekly reminder to view DocbookMD messages.
- Search AMS directory. Physicians can look up other AMS physicians by first or last name or by specialty. Physicians can then contact other physicians by messaging, office phone, cell phone, or email.
- Search a local pharmacy directory. Physicians can search for a local pharmacy alphabetically or find a pharmacy by zip code. Users can also create a “favorites” list of physicians or pharmacies.
Can you text that to me?
DocbookMD has been available since 2010 and currently, members of over 200 state and component medical societies use the app. Dallas nephrologist Ruben Velez, MD uses the DocbookMD texting feature frequently. “It has made communication better and faster, particularly about patients in hospitals,” he says. “I can also get a summary about discharged patients from the hospital.” Dr. Velez also uses the app to find contact information for referring physicians.
One of the most popular features of the app is texting, as DocbookMD offers physicians one of the only ways to text patient information securely and in a way that meets HIPAA requirements.
“As we say, a photograph is worth a thousand words, and with DocbookMD, I can have the emergency department physicians send me all the information, with a photograph of a hand injury, or a face laceration,” says Austin plastic surgeon Rocco Piazza, MD. “I know right where it is, and I can tell them right away what we need to do or where we need to go, assess whether it’s something I need to see right now, or if it can wait until morning.”
Medical Society Benefits
In addition to helping physicians communicate and collaborate, DocbookMD also helps medical societies build membership. This benefits physicians by creating a stronger medical society and a louder voice for physician advocacy. Physicians also have access to a broader referral base and more opportunities for networking and community-building.
Arkansas Medical Society partners with DocbookMD, a HIPAA-secure messaging tool for healthcare. DocbookMD is a free benefit for our members. Here is how to get started:
3. Log in to DocbookMD and start messaging! If you need help, here is a quick start guide with a few basics and available features.
4. If you need any additional help, the support team at DocbookMD is available at email@example.com or 888.447.3707.